Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Eden Hazard is back in contention for Real Madrid ahead of their clash with Cadiz on Sunday.
The Belgian’s time with Los Blancos has been scuppered by frequent injuries and poor form and he hasn’t played since a five-minute cameo against Alaves in February.
Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo have since emerged as more trusted options for Real manager Ancelotti, but with the La Liga title wrapped up and a Champions League final against Liverpool on the horizon, the Italian confirmed some fringe squad members will get the chance to play at the weekend.
He said: “Against Cadiz we will play those who have not been today like Kroos or Casemiro. I think we got Ceballos, Asensio, Hazard back. We have almost the entire squad ready and prepared.”
Ancelotti was speaking after Real thumped Levante 6-0 on Thursday night, maintaining their insurmountable 12-point lead over Barcelona at the top of La Liga with just two games left to play.
Vinicius was the star of the show, netting a hat trick alongside an assist, while Karim Benzema and Luka Modric also put in exceptional and ageless performances.
Real have been in excellent form during the business end of the season, squeezing through in tight Champions League ties against Chelsea and Manchester City. They did lose the Madrid derby to Atletico last week, but Ancelotti said he had seen ‘good signs’ from his team in recent weeks.
He added: “We arrived well, self-esteem has grown a lot, we have this challenge of playing in the final after winning the League, we know that there is a lack of time and that we have to have intensity, the team gave very good signs. We work very well in the field.”
For more from Jude Summerfield, follow him on Twitter!
Source of the article