Things have not quite gone to plan for Cristiano Ronaldo in his second coming at Manchester United.
The Red Devils are out of both domestic cup competitions and sit well off the pace of Premier League leaders Manchester City, making an unlikely Champions League triumph their remaining hope for silverware this season.
Ronaldo is enduring a five-game goal drought and, according to a report, he could choose to end his second United spell after only one season.
TOP STORY – RONALDO WANTS MENDES TALKS OVER FUTURE
Cristiano Ronaldo will speak with his agent after growing disillusioned with life at Manchester United, according to the Daily Star.
The forward is hoping to speak with Jorge Mendes when he is back in Portugal for March’s World Cup play-off against Turkey about his options after the end of the season.
Ronaldo, whose contract runs until the end of 2022-23, wants to see who will be appointed as United’s next permanent manager – but he is not in favour of giving the job to interim boss Ralf Rangnick.
Life is a roller coaster. Hard work, high speed, urgent goals, demanding expectations… But in the end, it all comes down to family, love, honesty, friendship, values that make it all worth it. Thanks for all the messages! 37 and counting! pic.twitter.com/AoUgFiqVEy
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) February 5, 2022
– Paul Pogba is also looking to leave Manchester United this year when his contract expires, but he will have to accept a pay cut to get a move abroad that he wants, the Mirror says.
– A possible replacement for Pogba could be Youri Tielemans. Het Nieuwsblad reports Leicester City have dropped their asking price for the midfielder, who is wanted by United and Arsenal.
– Real Madrid rejected the idea of signing Dusan Vlahovic, now at Juventus, because they are putting everything into getting Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe, says Cadena Ser.
– However, AS reports Madrid are still seriously interested in Borussia Dortmund‘s Erling Haaland, which could scupper Robert Lewandowski‘s hopes of moving to the Spanish capital.
– Juve defender Matthijs de Ligt is flattered by interest from Chelsea and Barcelona, Sport Mediaset claims.
– Barca are also desperate to sign Haaland and will therefore prioritise cut-price deals for defenders, says ESPN. Chelsea trio Cesar Azpilicueta, Andreas Christensen and Marcos Alonso are on their shortlist.
Source of the article